keskiviikko 3. elokuuta 2011

Giuseppe Prevosti Earns Senior Gold Medal in FEI EC



 FEI European Championships


Provided by Ramona Billing – As could be expected, the Senior Riders’ individual final was a really tough competition between top class riders and horses. In the end, Italy claimed its sixth Gold Medal at this event!  Giuseppe Prevosti and Skeets Flamin, owned by Enzo Gola, scored a 226.5 after a brilliant ride with fast spins, fine circles and dramatic slides.   Prevosti has ridden the seven-year-old stallion by Skeets Peppy since April. “Kelly Zweifel trained him,” he said, “and she did an awesome job! He is such a great minded horse. I’m so happy! And I would like to thank Enzo Gola for giving me this wonderful horse,  Lara Maiocchi and of course our trainer and coach Filippo Masi for his confidence in me!”

The Silver Medal was claimed by Italy’s Davide Brighenti and Dualin For Me, a 14-year-old stallion by Dual Peppy owned by Giovanni Cometti. “I’m so glad – I can’t believe it,” said Davide, “and what is even more: my great friend ‘Pepe’ (Giuseppe Prevost) won the Gold Medal! Thanks to my family and my dad for helping me all the time, and of course to Giovanni Cometti for his fine horse!”

It was bad luck in the first maneuvre or else Austria might have claimed the Gold Medal.  Austrian Rudi Kronsteiner and Ima Mega Antares, owned by Andrea Castrucci, lost three points when slowing down after the first fast circle which ended in a 225 after an otherwise brilliant ride. That meant the Bronze Medal for the two who had been Reserve European Champion in 2009.  “It was my fault,” explained Rudi afterwards. “I asked him too suddenly and then I got that reaction. Ima Mega Antares was perfect otherwise. I’m angry at myself, but that’s how the sport is. Giuseppe and Davide were simply better and deserved to win.”


all results
source: www.nrha.com

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti